Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sin in the eyes of God...

Good morning all-

Well it definitely has been a hard week around the Rogers household.  Hunter had a friend move from UT to Kansas in June.  It went well for awhile but then things started going wrong and this last week was the end of his free ride.  He is only nineteen but he will be learning the consequences for his actions and I have been full of sadness.  As I prayed for him yesterday, I thought about how our Father feels when we sin against Him.  He must be as hurt and devastated as I am because He knows the consequences to our actions will not be easy.  Now Trevor will move in with family and have to pay rent when I asked for nothing.  I bought him a bed and now he will lay on a couch.  I opened my pantry to him and now he will have to contribute money for food.  He raised my food and water bill and I never asked for a penny.  Why?  Because I believed this is what God had asked of me.

I believe in people.  I have this rare gift of seeing what's inside.  But as time goes by, I won't be fooled for long because Christ will give me His eyes.  There are so many people that believe everyone is bad, they aren't bad but their actions are.  Trevor continued to disobey rules and last week we found that he broke a window to sneak a young girl into my home.  I have been sick about it.  I also have experienced anger, hurt and sadness.  He will reap the consequences of his actions but I also had to bear the brunt of his actions.  Doesn't God do the same thing?  He gave us free choice and allowed us to make decisions.  He gave us the Holy Spirit to guide us and yet, when we are weak; we fall into temptation.

I used to think God loved to punish those of us that sinned.  Now I know that it's us that makes those decisions and as we make those decisions, God weeps for us, just like I have for Trevor.  I saw it as I was praying.  My feelings were just like our Makers.  He tries to stop us from going down the path of destruction but we continue on believing there won't be a complication.  Well, this week Trevor is beginning to feel the complication of his actions.  I have forgiven him and understand that he has his own walk in life.  I'm not sure he believes in Jesus but when he's alone I hope he remembers that I loved Him with God's heart.  I'm going to miss him.  He's complicated and scarred but at the end of the day, he broke the rules and lost a home where he could just be himself.  I'm praying for his journey and hope that God and him meet up.  In the meantime, if you are sinning against God, please ask for His forgiveness.  Don't walk further away because you don't feel worthy.  Walk toward the light because He is near and wants His child to come home.

I probably won't ever take in another child.  At least right now that's how I feel.  This has been a good learning lesson to me too because I truly want to look at the child and not the man he had become and at nineteen you are a man.  So with that being said, repent and ask God for direction.  We all fall into sin but now my question is, "How much of my sin hurts my Father?"

Take heart in Jesus and thank Him for being a loving, forgiving Father.  He is love and understands the temptations of life.  Satan spent forty days tempting Him.  He knows what you're going through so fight it with all your power, Christ is your shield.  Wishing you the best day ever as we walk toward the light of the world.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭13‬ NIV)

My Prayer today:

O, Lord of Israel, help me hear Your voice.  Temptation is everywhere and when we are tempted and fall, consequences are on the door.  Please lead us from temptation and forgive us of our sins.  We are weak but You are strong.  Thank you for giving us a resting place full of power and majesty.  We need You to guide us all our days and to remind us their is no temptation more satisfying than You.  Thank you for letting me see through my prayers Your sorrow for those that sin against You.  I am a sinner and if my actions caused You to shed one tear for me, I am so very sorry.  You are my world and You hear our cries.  Protect the weak and make us strong.  In Jesus name, AMEN.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment